Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
11am: CDTC Puppy Class & AKC S.T.A.R Puppy Test 6wk class
Such an exciting time having a new puppy come into your lives. It is very important to start them on a good path with health and wellness. An important part of that is their mental training and socialization. We are going to be training you and your puppy on a variety of new skills and behaviors.
The goal of this 6 week class is not to teach your puppies but to teach YOU, the handler, the skills and knowledge needed to train your dog and develop the foundation for a lifelong relationship. Anyone can teach their dog to sit, but not everyone has a great working relationship with their dog where the dog WANTS to sit.
The CDTC STAR Puppy Program includes:
Week 1 - STATIONS & RELAXATION (BUILDING THE CALM WINDOW)
Week 2 - SIT, DOWN, STAY, & SOCIALIZATION
Week 3 - ZEN BOWL (IMPULSE CONTROL), GROOMING, & VET VISITS
Week 4 - WALKING WITH A PURPOSE (LOOSE LEASH WALK)
Week 5 - GET YOUR GAME ON (BUILDING THE FUN WITH ME WINDOW)
Week 6 - AKC STAR Puppy Examination - Earn the AKC recognized STAR Puppy Certification
AKC STAR Puppy Exam Requirements
- Maintains puppy's health (vaccines, exams, appears healthy)
- Owner receives Responsible Dog Owner's Pledge
- Owner describes adequate daily play and exercise plan
- Owner and puppy attend at least 6 classes by an AKC Approved CGC Evaluator
- Owner brings bags to classes for cleaning up after puppy
- Owner has obtained some form of ID for puppy-collar tag, etc
- Puppy is free of aggression towards people during at least 6 weeks of class
- Puppy is free of aggression toward other puppies in class
- Tolerates collar or body harness of owner's choice
- Owner can hug or hold puppy
- Puppy allows owner to take away a treat of toy
- Allows (in any position)petting by a person other that the owner
- Grooming-Allows owner handling and brief exam (ears, feet)
- Walks on a leash-Follows owner on lead in a straight line
- Walks by other people
- Sits on command
- Down on command
- Comes when called
- Comfortable with Distracting noises and objects
- Stays on a leash with another person.
Friday, April 2, 2021, 11:00 AM until 12:00 PM
Charleston Dog Training Club
7644 Southrail Road, Suite 300A
North Charleston, SC 29420
Payment In Full In Advance Only
Due to the volume of registrations, please give a minimum of 72 hrs notice of cancellation for a full refund of the class. Thank you so much